Kalido, a provider of data governance solutions, announced a new software product that will enable organizations to more effectively manage data governance programs and, as a result, dramatically improve data quality.
Kalido Data Governance Director will increase the success of data governance programs by enabling companies to manage data policies, operationalize data governance processes, and measure and monitor compliance across the enterprise. Kalido Data Governance Director will be generally available in Q4 2010. Pricing starts at $275,000. A free community edition will be available in Q3 2010 and will include unified business modeling, data governance scope definition and policy creation, and industry standard integration of process, data and organizational models.
Kalido Data Governance Director complements Kalido's current data governance portfolio which includes Kalido MDM and the Kalido Information Engine, creating a robust information management solution that supports the business process of data management by governing data as a shared enterprise asset.
Kalido Data Governance Director will manage data policies by:
- Providing a common, pervasive, more visible policy layer on top of existing data repositories including operational systems, data warehouses, master data hubs and integration infrastructure.
- Collaboratively defining data policies in the context of current state business process, data, system and organization models, aligning them with business objectives.
- Accelerating deployment by leveraging existing investments in data models, process models, data quality rules and related software through an open application programming interface (API).
Additionally, the product will operationalize data governance processes by:
- Orchestrating comprehensive data governance processes including data policy creation, change management, communication, implementation, issue tracking, and remediation.
- Demonstrating to auditors and regulators a transparent and auditable end-to-end process for managing data policies.
- Managing performance of the data governance program by tracking and reporting key operational metrics.
The product will also measure and improve data policy compliance by:
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting compliance with data policies over time to drive continuous improvement.
- Triggering timely issue resolution by notifying all stakeholders when data policies are violated.
- Prioritizing issues based on economic impact of non-compliance by tracking the relationship between data quality and business performance metrics.
Bill Hewitt, president and CEO, Kalido, said, “The introduction of Kalido Data Governance Director is game changing for the information management market and our customers. Our tops-down approach fills a strategic gap in the data management market. For companies who have already started to implement data governance programs, Kalido Data Governance Director will give them the ability to accelerate efforts across their most vital data assets. Our ability to interoperate with existing infrastructure technologies provide the ‘missing link’ to a comprehensive and effective data governance effort.”
David Loshin, principal, Knowledge Integrity, Inc., a firm that provides business and technical consulting, training, and custom system design and implementation for technical and management methodologies for instituting data quality, master data management, data standards, and data governance programs, said, “The successful implementation of a data governance program is critically dependent on the organizational structure of the data governance board, the policies and processes for operationalizing the decisions of that data governance board, and the techniques and methods supporting both. This is facilitated through tools that support the full life cycle associated with defining, approving, communicating and fully integrating data policy compliance throughout the application infrastructure. Kalido understands these requirements and is heading in the right direction with Kalido Data Governance Director.”
This BeyeNETWORK news item contains information from a recent press release by the company mentioned.
SOURCE: Data Governance Director Announced by Kalido