THE LATEST WORD
- Big Data in the Operational World Requires a Different Mind-Set: A Spotlight Q&A with James Taylor Summary
In this interview by Claudia Imhoff, President of Intelligent Solutions and founder of the Boulder BI Brain Trust, James Taylor, CEO of Decision Management Solutions, talks about how big data has changed operational analytics.
by Claudia Imhoff
- Analytics, Hype and the Limits of Reasonability Summary
David Loshin explains why a comprehensive analytics program requires a well-organized data management program and integration across the various lines of business.
by David Loshin
- Government Big Data Drivers and Best Practices: A Spotlight Q&A with David Loshin Summary
David Loshin, President of Knowledge Integrity, talks with Ron Powell, independent consultant/analyst and BeyeNETWORK expert, about the big data challenges facing today's government agencies.
by Ron Powell
- Beginning Prescriptive Analytics with Optimization Modeling Summary
In this article, Jen Underwood explains that prescriptive analytics provides the best outcomes for modeled situations based on optimization. She shares a simple optimization example using mathematical programming techniques and provides advice for developing an optimization model.
by Jen Underwood
- Business Intelligence Education and the Public Sector Summary
In this article, Dr. Barquin emphasizes the importance of properly trained BI professionals, especially in government agencies. He describes a program for addressing the basic needs of a new practitioner.
by Dr. Ramon Barquin
- Measuring KPIs is Passé Summary
Saurabh Jain explains why business intelligence and analytics initiatives need to evolve in order to achieve better business performance.
by Saurabh Jain
- Choosing the Best Platform for Big Data Projects: A Spotlight Q&A with Richard Winter Summary
Richard Winter, President of WinterCorp, talks with Ron Powell, independent consultant/analyst and BeyeNETWORK expert, about the TCOD – total cost of data – metric that he developed. Richard shares examples of how this metric allows organizations to match each application to the platform that provides the best economics.
by Ron Powell
- Big Data Implementation vs. Data Warehousing Summary
Bill Inmon reviews the differences between data warehouses and big data solutions.
by Bill Inmon