Yep -- it's the Saturday before Thanksgiving and I have much to be thankful for. Here are just a few that bubble to the top of my list...
1. Last week, I gave a keynote address at a banner TDWI conference in Orlando. Not only was I thankful for the opportunity to address the large number of attendees but, at the end of my talk, Dave Wells, TDWI's Director of Education, named me a TDWI Fellow. It is quite an honor -- I was deeply touched and rendered speechless (rare for me). To read more about the keynote and the honor, read Eric Kavanaugh's article.
2. I have worked with some outstanding vendors this year - writing white papers, advising on positioning,and messaging, giving my thoughts on product direction, and so on. The BI technological environment is very healthy and extraordinarily innovative. I am thrilled to be a part of it.
3. My clients have also been amazing -- they have given me the opportunity to act as their "trusted advisor" and mentor -- what a position of confidence -- one I take very seriously.
4. I have worked with some of the brightest minds in our business -- Colin White, Ron Powell, Shawn Rogers, Wayne Eckerson, Dave Wells, Jonathan Wu, Richard Winter, Sid Adelman, Steve Hoberman, and many others. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and helping me understand the ever-changing BI world!
5. My final thanks goes to my family -- Dave and Jessica -- who put up with my travel, strange schedule, and long days. They make it all worthwhile. I love you both.
So -- what's on your thank you list? Post a comment to let me know.
As always -- Yours in BI (and turkey) Success!
Posted November 18, 2006 1:42 PM
Permalink | 4 Comments |