The Sentiment Analysis Symposium (http://sentimentsymposium.com/) takes place week after next, on October 30 in San Francisco. Will you join us?
- A new closing segment, Social Intelligence at the Social Centers. Twitter and eBay represent social centers. They invented and epitomize social communications and commerce, and we have them on the program for presentations and a panel.
- A new, optional, pre-symposium class, An Introduction to Social Media Listening, taught by Mike Moran, noted analyst and consultant and former IBM distinguished engineer. The class will be Monday afternoon, October 29, same time as our optional Practical Sentiment Analysis tutorial, taught by Dr. Diana Maynard of the GATE team at the Univ of Sheffield (UK).
- An intensive (and free!) deep dive for hard-core technologists: a Monday morning session on natural language processing, text analytics, and semantic computing.
- BeyeNETWORK friends get $100 off the symposium registration fee via the code BEYE.
We have a great program lined up for October 30 (http://sentimentsymposium.com/agenda.html), with keynotes by social psychologist Kate Niederhoffer of Knowable Research (ex-Nielsen and Dachis) and Prof. VS Subrahmanian of the University of Maryland and talks by --
- Financial markets wizards Rich Brown (Thomson Reuters) and Barry Parr (Dow Jones).
- Consumer and market intelligence stars Carol Haney (Toluna), Bill Tuohig (J.D. Power), and Vaidyanatha Siva (Infosys).
- Innovators Catherine Havasi (Luminso and the MIT Media Lab), Philip Resnik (Univ of Maryland), Rishab Ghosh (Topsy Labs), and Stuart Shulman (Texifter and the Univ of Massachusetts).
- Business analytics leaders Graham Mackintosh (IBM) and Daniel Ziv (Verint).
If you're in the agency, marketing, market research, customer service/support, financial markets, media, or healthcare world -- or in other domains that rely on understanding of emotions, opinions, and attitudes -- or if you're a technologist or an aspiring start-up -- this conference is for you. Please do join us.
Visit http://sentimentsymposium.com/ to register today. I hope to see you there!
Posted October 17, 2012 7:18 AM
Permalink | No Comments |